Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wait..a girl who can talk sports?

Hello everyone!
Before we kick off this shindig lets get one thing straight..I am obsessed with sports. Yes, I will be the first one to admit it. And although some people may find it strange and annoying I think my love for sports is what makes me who I am. 

Now that we got passed that lets discuss this whole reading thing. I love these 3 girls to death and their love for books astounds me every day because honestly, I do not read books very often. Luckily they have that covered! The only books you'll catch me reading are biographies of famous athletes (shocker I know). No need to worry..If I happen to read a good sports book this summer I will blog about it. For instance, Hope Solo's book comes out this summer and that is a MUST read for me. 

Here are a few more things about me: I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Tx. I am an Elementary Education major. Kids are one of my other passions. I cannot wait to be a teacher one day. I was born and raised in Arlington, Texas (home of your Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys). I also lived in Sydney Australia for 4 years where I grew to love Rugby and Soccer. I grew up with a family who was very involved with sports and you could say we are pretty competitive (cough, cough). My teams are the Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Cowboys. I love going to the games and watching them on tv. You could probably ask me anything about the team and I would probably be able to answer it. I enjoy learning knew things about the teams and watching the players live out their dreams on and off the field. Over the past year I have found a love for Soccer especially during the Women's World Cup. I enjoyed watching The US Women's National Team make it to the final and even though they lost their popularity grew tremendously here in the States. Be on the look out for many posts about this team because the Olympics are coming up and I'll be cheering them on to hopefully when the Gold! 

In closing I would like to leave you with one of my favorite sports quotes of all time:
 "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." 
-Vince Lombardi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;