Sunday, June 3, 2012

A New Shade of Red


As I have stated in my previous blog, I am very clumsy. For some reason I am always put in the worst situations (mostly my doing). At the moment of the situation I am usually embarrassed, but afterwards I can laugh about it......usually. I am sure that everyone has felt like this one time or another.  I am the kind of person that turns completely red when embarrassed and people like to point out to me "Do you know that you are turning really red."  "Why, I had no idea that I was turning as red as a tomato. I couldn’t feel the heat rushing to my face at all. Thank you for pointing it out and making me more embarrassed then I already was!"
   For my summer job, one of the things I have to do is travel around and take pictures of students at different schools. So on this day I was going to an elementary school to take pictures of a talent show. Of course it is pouring rain that morning and I was running late. By the time that I got to the elementary school and found a parking spot, the show has already started, still thinking that I could just sneak into the back of the cafeteria and still be able to take great photos. Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting over a thousand people (including all the students from the school and teachers) to be smushed into this tiny cafeteria surrounding the stage. I squeezed my way between some parents and teachers and started snapping some photos. They were turning out okay, but I wasn’t as close as I would have liked to have been to the stage. I took pictures this way through a handful of acts while I got strange look from parents, when an administrator tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like to get closer to the stage. I said sure! I could finally get some good pictures! We exited the door that I came in and she took me through a door closer to the stage. Perfect there was a line of parents against the wall and I could blend in with them. I stood with the parents and teachers getting ready to take some pictures when I noticed the administrator had kept walking in front of the stage (it was in between an act at the moment). She stopped directly in the middle and asked the KINDERGARDNERS to scoot over so they could make a spot for me to sit!!!!!! Let me paint a picture for you, I am in slacks, with a nice shirt, higheels, with a huge camera slung around my neck and my purse. The administrator starts waving me over. Parents, kids, and teachers turn my direction as I make my way to the front. I can read the parent's faces as they think, who is this chick and why does she get to go to the front to take pictures of her children! Just so we are clear I do NOT have any children! I had to weave and step over small children to get to the spot where she made for me.  I had to sit Indian style on the floor surrounded by little kids. This is one of those moments where I could feel myself turning red as all the children stared at me. I am about 3 times as tall as the children. I just felt like disappearing! The next act came on the stage and I started taking pictures. They were turning out great! I was close to the stage and I could see everything. That’s when I heard." I can’t see the stage! The girl in front of me is too tall!" I am pretty sure that my face took a new shade of red that it has never been before. I slowly turn my head to see the kids behind me and I see this little boy practically sitting on the kid's lap next to him trying to see around me. Now I really wanted to get out of there! What do I do? I could continue to sit there and not let the children behind me see or I could get up and move and try to find myself a spot against the wall but the administrator was one of the women standing by the wall. I felt bad to move after she made a huge commotion for me to sit there from the beginning. So I continued to sit there and take picture after picture of different acts. The whole time that this was going on I continued to fight with myself about getting up. Finally between an act I got the nerve to stand up and step over the children again (picturing everyone staring at my butt) and moved to the side with chairs and stood behind the line of teachers. As soon as I put my purse down they announced that it was the last act! Of course I would move when there was only one left.
In the end all of the pictures turned out good but I feel like every teacher, student, and parent should know who I am now! Hope this gave you a great laugh as you enjoy your fabulous weekend!

Kaitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;