Friday, June 8, 2012

Kenze had a busy week!


When I was little, my mom used to read a book to me called, Kenze had a busy week, (it was supposed to be personalized) however, the book really said Kimberly because in 1995 there was nothing with the name Kenze on it.  Heck, I can’t even find my name on a stupid license plate key chain in 2012.  I soon realized that Kimberly and Kenze did not resemble each other in the least, but I still wanted mom to read it to me with my name in it. 

Throughout this book was a little girl who had crazy adventures throughout what would have been a monotonous, mundane life.  I distinctly remember mom reading, “on Monday, Kenze went to space…On Tuesday, she had tea with her best friends.”  By the end of the week, Kenze was a tired little girl.

Well, I’ve never been able to relate to this book so much until my ripe ole age of 21.  This week seemed to never end and never was there a dull moment in what could have been a mundane week.  On Monday, Kenze started Summer one classes at SFA.

On Tuesday, Kenze considered committing herself into an insane asylum.   I just needed a little peace, apparently my “trip to space on Monday” was far too much for me to handle.  My day began at 6:15 Tuesday morning, I jumped in the shower; the first assault (yes, assault) to my day was mistaking my face wash for shampoo.  Hey! Don’t judge, it looks a lot the same that early.  After washing the ‘morning burst’ face wash out of my hair, the back to my newly pierced second hole of my earring fell out in the shower.  You can only imagine the panic that struck me, so here I go chasing the back of my earring around the shower.  I slip, slide, knock shampoo off of the shelf, almost kill myself but good news, I did manage to salvage it right before going down the drain.  I did make it to work alive and barely on time.  The day progressed normally, two hours of work, four hours of class. 

I had a doctor’s appointment that afternoon, who knew something as simple as that could humble a girl so much, yeah, humble me! I entered the office in my work clothes and the receptionist commented on how nice I looked, I thanked her; she asked my name and told me to have a seat.  This is when I should have noticed the strangeness, aren’t I supposed to sign in, fill out paperwork, give them my insurance card?  Oh well, I take a seat anyway.  Within five minutes I hear, Kenze come on back-Wow! That was quick.  Everyone in the waiting room gives me the “I got here before you” look, such a hostile look by the way.  I go back to a room with no bed, tongue depressors, cotton balls or health chart on the door-once again, another que something is different.  Two doctors come in with a couple other people.  Being me, I begin to work this out in my mind, rationalizing the situation-maybe they’re doing a study on me or something.  After shaking their hands, they ask, “Kenze, do you have your resume we could look at?”  Uh oh!!!  There is no more rationalizing; I was there for an interview at the doctor’s office.  Oh man, how did neither them nor I catch this??  I look at them and begin to laugh hysterically because this fits my day all too well.  “I’m here for a doctor’s appointment, not an interview-I wish though!”  A little embarrassment comes upon the room, then they lead me back to the waiting room where I have to walk back to my seat-as the doctor apologizes one more time for everyone to hear.  The distance from the door to an empty chair seemed miles away as every single person in the room stares with a little snicker on their lips-humbling moment!  After this, I wanted to leave, but I stayed.  After seeing the doctor, I had to get blood work done-as each vile filled, my head got lighter.  The nurse was putting on the band-aid and I had almost made it.  The next thing I know there are three nurses standing over me-yep, I passed out, I did get my moment of peace-not how I expected to get it though.  A visit to the doctor has never been so eventful...On Tuesday, Kenze went to a job interview!

Thankfully, my week began to look up after that.  Today is Friday and I don’t have class or work for the summer on Fridays! I’m at the end of the week and like Kimberly in the book, I’m a tired little girl.  Hope your weekend is as restful as I plan for mine to be.

It’s back to space on Monday!
Kenze 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;