Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kisses from Katie


So I am currently reading Kisses from Katie and if you haven’t read this book then I really recommend that you do. Basically it is about a nineteen year old girl listening to God and following through with what he asks her to do. Many people in our world today (especially a nineteen year old) would have a hard time giving up family, friends, and a boyfriend to follow God all the way to Uganda. Yet that is exactly what Katie does!
There are many things this young woman sees and deals with on a daily basis that literally make me ill. I am a very selfish and spoiled person. I get so upset because something doesn’t go my way that day or someone didn’t follow through with plans that we had made. Yet, there are people in this world that don’t have running water or they don’t have any possible means to provide for their family. Yet, I have indoor plumbing, four walls and a roof over my head. There are people dying in this world due to starvation while I go shopping because I am bored with my completely packed closet.
I am not saying that God is calling everyone to Uganda, but maybe give that shirt in the back of the closet to someone who really needs it, or give a few dollars of your pay check to someone in need. There are so many things that we could be doing to help people in our neighborhood, state, or even across the world.  We get so caught up in our own world that we forget that we are not the only ones that live in it. We are all sons and daughters of Christ! So I hope that we all remember today that we are truly blessed to be where we are in our lives. Things might be falling apart but at least we have someone who loves us not matter what and that he would go and DIE for our sins.
I hope that you will at least spend some time with God today and ask him what he wants you to do. This most important thing to do is OBEY with what he has asked of you. It may not be where you ever thought you would be, but at the end of everyday God has a plan to use you in some way (He just doesn’t always tell us about it).
“When you try to save your own life, your own desires, you will lose. But when you decide to put away your desires, to lose your life for me, you will find it.”                                 Matthew 16:25


-Kaitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;